Friday, April 17, 2009

song of a song III.

she's ablaze in beauty.

and much like the eager child
who presses his tiny hands impatiently
upon glass walls to gaze at the desires of his heart,
I stand in wide-eyed wonder;
I can only stare in awe and admiration.

she's ablaze in beauty.

and quite like the skilled musician
whose notes ring in the air with elegance
and grace that cannot be seen,
my eyes treasure all the invisible loveliness of her heart.
her precious soul is adorned with unseen splendor.

she's ablaze in beauty.

and just as the lion, savage and fierce,
can be calmed by the patience of its tamer
so I am put at peace by her,
and my restless spirit is tamed by her love.

I am no longer searching in discontent and sadness,
for she has captured my wild heart
and filled it with the purest longing.

because she's the one who is ablaze in beauty,

and I am the one captivated by her radiance.

1 comment:

  1. This one may be my favorite as of now.
    I absolutely love how you translate scripture and make something that already has a poetic twist sound even more elegant than when it started.

    Good job Zane. He's given you so many beautiful gifts..

    ReplyDelete